Have you gotten a quick fix for one of your tires recently using a “plug” tire repair? Learn how the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) who is the tire industry’s professional group says how to best repair a flat tire:
- Take the tire off of the wheel
- Thoroughly inspect your tire from the inside and outside. The tire should be repaired if:
- The puncture is <¼ inch
- There is a puncture on the tread
- Use a plug to repair the tire while repairing the interior lining with a patch
- It’s not suggested to overlap repairs
- Do not patch large holes or holes that are in the sidewall. Doing this could lead to a blowout.